Alra therapy lotion provides relief for acute radiation dermatitis. It is also effective in the treatment of eczema, sunburn, abrasions, diaper rash and other severe dry skin conditions.
Alra Therapy Lotion was designed especially for skin exposed to radiation therapy by a European cosmetic chemist whose wife was undergoing treatment for breast cancer. In many cancer treatment centers today, this lotion is recommended early in the treatment process, to prevent or minimize skin sensitivity and breakdown, while not interfering with treatment.
Alra's unique combination of five ingredients differentiates it from other lotions and creams. To lessen the possibility of allergic reactions or dryness, no fragrance, color, or alcohol is added.
1. Aloe vera gel is the basis for Alra Therapy Lotion. It has been shown to relieve pain, burning and itching sensations, and has been associated with accelerated healing of skin with radiation burns.
2. Vitamin E acts as an anti-oxidant, preventing the release of free radicals, which cause oxidative damage to cell membranes. Vitamin E passes from the epidermis into the dermis and works from within.
3. Soluble collagen is a moisturer that binds and retains many times its own weight in water.
4. Allantoin helps burned skin to regenerate by promoting and stimulating new and healthy growth tissue.
5. Lanolin is a natural moisturizer. The form of Lanolin used is extremely mild and soothing, with long lasting lubricating effects on the skin.