- Wig Library Wig Library
Wigs Online | How to Buy a Wig
- How to Buy & Wear a Wig
- Finding the Best Wigs Online
- All About Wigs: FAQ's
- Synthetic Wig Care
- How to Select a Wig Color
- Wig Types: Pros & Cons
- Wig Hairstyle Guide
- Hair Toppers: Buying Guide
- Human Hair vs. Synthetic Wigs
- Wig Videos: How To Wear a Wig
- How to Wash a Human Hair Wig
- Wigs vs. Hair Toppers
- How to Put in Hair Extensions
- Wedding Hair Pieces
- Hats & Scarves Hats & Scarves
- Hats & Scarves
- Chemo & Cancer Tips Chemo & Cancer Tips
Chemo & Cancer Tips
- Chemo & Hair Loss
- Preparing for Chemotherapy
- When Does Hair Grow Back After Chemo?
- The Truth About Chemo Brain
- Sun Protection Guidelines
- Do Eyelashes Fall Out During Chemo?
- Cancer Treatment & Cannabis Oil
- Styling Tips As Your Hair Grows Back
- Mastectomy Recovery Tips
- Combating Chemo Mouth
- Skin & Nail Care During Chemo
- Tips to Prevent Post Chemo Infection
- What Is Alopecia? What Is Alopecia?
- What Is Alopecia?
- Beauty, Brows & Lashes Beauty, Brows & Lashes
- Beauty, Brows & Lashes
- Hair Loss Hair Loss
Reasons for Hair Loss
- Why Is My Hair Falling Out?
- Age Related Hair Loss
- What is Trichotillomania?
- Hypothyroidism and Hair Loss
- Hormones & Hair Loss
- Autoimmune Related Hair Loss
- Lupus & Hair Loss
- Does Stress Cause Hair Loss?
- Vitamin B Deficiency & Hair Loss
- Medication Related Hair Loss
- PCOS Hair Loss
- Stress, Anxiety & Hair Loss
- Hair Loss in Black Women
- Inspiration Inspiration
- Inspiration for Cancer Patients
- Swim Gear Swim Gear
- Swim Gear
How to Put On a Swim Cap
How to Put On Your Swim Cap
When placing a swim cap on your head, it is important to place your hands on the interior of the cap with one hand in each side of the cap. Caps can rip or tear if not properly handled or forced onto the head improperly. Avoid contact with fingernails, jewelry, hair pins or other sharp objects.
Stretch Swim Cap with Cupped Hands
To place the swim cap on your head, gently stretch the interior of the cap with both hands to allow the opening to widen.
Cup Over Head
Then, place the front interior edge of the swim cap against your forehead and rotate the opening of the cap over the crown of your head to completely cover the skull and any hair and remove your hands. If the cap needs to be adjusted at this point, place one hand inside of the cap and pull gently outward and down until a secure fit is achieved. For long hair, it may be beneficial to gather hair on the top of your head in a bun or ponytail before placing the cap on your head.
How To Care For Your Swim Cap
Depending on the frequency of use and type of material, swim caps typically need to be replaced after several months of wear. However, proper care will allow you to extend the life of your swim cap. Here are some guidelines for care:.
Rinse After Use
After each use, rinse your cap thoroughly with fresh, non-chlorinated water. Completely dry the cap using a soft, dry cloth .
Store your swim cap in a cool, dry location, out of direct sunlight.
Sprinkling baby powder or talcum powder on the interior of the cap can prevent the inside material from sticking to itself. It will also absorb moisture and prevent bacteria or mold growth from occurring.
© 2010-2016, Headcovers Unlimited, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
We encourage and welcome direct links to this page, but please do not redistribute, copy, alter or create derivative works from our content without express written permission.