As the weather gets colder and Christmas draws closer, we are reminded of all of the things that winter brings. The fresh snow, hot cocoa by the fire, and cozy sweater make our lives a winter wonderland. But, of course, with the good comes slushy roads, icy mornings, and the stress of the holidays. Sometimes we get into a "Will this EVER end?" mindset, and need a little pick-me-up! So, without further ado, here are 13 of our favorite quotes about winter and the holidays to keep you warm inside all season long.
1. He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter.
2. If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
3. The pine stays green in winter... wisdom in hardship.
4. We cannot stop the winter or the summer from coming. We cannot stop the spring or the fall or make them other than they are. They are gifts from the universe that we cannot refuse. But we can choose what we will contribute to life when each arrives.
5. Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
6. In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
7. Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.
8. No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.
9. What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.
-John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
10. Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.
-Hamilton Wright Mabie
11. One kind word can warm three winter months.
12. As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December's bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same."
-Donald E. Westlake
13. It came without ribbons! It came without tags! It came without packages boxes or bags! And he puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!
-Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
We hope this post has inspired you! Remember that with winter, as with everything else in life, the beauty will last and the troubles will pass. Which quote is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below! If you are looking for Christmas presents, check out our Holiday Shop or visit our Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients page. Until next time!