Learn About Eyebrow Wigs
Do the human hair eyebrows look like natural eyebrows?
Our Realistic Eyebrows are hand made out of 100% human hair. They are the closest item on the market to real eyebrow hair. Each piece of hair is carefully placed by hand on a flexible gel backing which gives the appearance of real hair growing from the brow line. The hair is placed directionally to mimic typical eyebrow hair growth. Since they are hand made, slight variations will occur. These variations allow for a realistic look, as natural eyebrows are not perfect or identical. This video gives a general overview of our eyebrow wigs and covers the shapes and color options.
What is an eyebrow wig?
An eyebrow wig is simply a wig for your eyebrows. Many individuals wear an eyebrow wig when they have thinning or lost their eyebrow hair. An eyebrow wig is often but not always made out of human hair. They come on a flexible gel backing or a lace backing. The eyebrows with gel backing have human hairs that are hand placed to mimic natural hair growth patterns found in natural eyebrows and have the most natural look. Unlike a wig that sits on top of your head, eyebrow wigs require and adhesive to stay on. There are specially formulated adhesives to adhere them to your skin.
Can I wear the eyebrows in water?
The Realistic Eyebrows can be worn in the shower although, we do discourage prolonged submersion. Many customers have had success with them at the beach or in fresh or salt water pools. We do not recommend wearing them in the swimming pool due to the harshness of pool chemicals.
How do I secure the eyebrows?
You can use eyelash adhesive, however, you may find it does not hold as well as eyebrow adhesive. We recommend using our Secure Hold adhesive in order to apply the Realistic Eyebrows. Our Secure Hold dries clear and is formulated for long-lasting wear. This formula will allow you to remain worry-free while securing your eyebrows in place for days.
How long can I wear the eyebrows?
Each Use: Many of our customers are able to wear our Realistic Eyebrows for two to three consecutive days at a time. However, we do recommend removing them each evening to allow your skin to breathe and to clean the adhesive off the gel backing. Doing this will increase the longevity of the eyebrows.
Total Wear: Eyebrows generally last from 2 to 4 months with proper care. Many factors impact their longevity. Heat, chemicals, improper cleaning, perspiration, abrasiveness, and sleeping in the eyebrows can decrease their life span.
How do I apply human hair eyebrows?
Application Instructions for Glue-On Eyebrows:
- Apply a small amount of eyebrow adhesive to the eyebrows gel backing (opposite side from the hair).
- Starting at the inner edge of the brow line, place the eyebrows on the brow line, forming the desired shape and arch. Using the teeth of a comb on an eyebrow brush, press gently on the eyebrows until the adhesive is dry. (Using a comb allows the adhesive to grab the base, without getting the glue on the hairs fibers).
- An eyebrow pencil or powdered eyebrow shadows can be used to enhance the color and finish the look.
Removing Glue-on Eyebrows:
- Starting at the inner edge, very gently peel off the eyebrows. Use a cotton swab dampened with an oil based make up remover to soften the adhesive.
- Once removed, our adhesive remover (sold separately) may be used to gently clean any residue from the base of the eyebrows. Caution: Avoid contact of the adhesive remover with the eyes.
- After applying the adhesive remover, carefully rinse the brows with cool water and allow to air dry.
- How to Draw Eyebrows with Makeup
- Learn About Eyebrow Wigs
- How to Apply False Eyelashes
- Wig Buying Guide
- How to Buy Hair Loss Hats
© 1996-2017, Headcovers Unlimited, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
We encourage and welcome direct links to this page, but please do not redistribute, copy, alter or create derivative works from our content without express written permission.
Comments, Questions & RatingsAsk a question. Post a rating. Leave Your Comments.
- firstname.lastname@example.org Review by Curious
Have you ever done. Other facial hair for men?(Posted on 03/16/2019)
- for kids? Review by trich mom
My 10 year old daughter has trichotillomania (pulls her eyebrows and eyelashes). Would these eyebrows be suitable for someone her age? Also, is the gel backing clear or skin tone (and if so, what color?)(Posted on 10/07/2018)
- Yes, a 10 year old can wear these. However, you may also want to try our temporary eyebrow tattoos as active children often find them a better choice. The gel backing is clear to blend in with the skin tone. Just let us know if we can answer any further questions! (10/08/2018)
- How to remove glue Review by Tina
I got clue on the hair of my eyebrow wigs how can I remove the glue without damaging the eyebrow wig??I don’t have no adhesive glue remover ..(Posted on 07/08/2018)
- We recommend purchasing our eyebrow adhesive remover and then gently applying it to the base of the eyebrow with a cotton swab. Some customers have used baby oil, but we cannot recommend this... it may cause damage or deterioration to the base of the eyebrow. (04/17/2019)
- Alopecia Universalis Review by PotterHead27
I am a male and I have Alopecia Universalis, and so I lost all of my hair, which unfortunately includes eyebrows and eyelashes. :(( I really hate going out in public like this. Do you have any eyebrow and eyelash wigs designed for guys and do they look authentic and realistic? (Posted on 12/19/2017)
- Wonderful product! Review by Crazy Cat Lady
I have little to no eyebrows, hormonal changes and health challenges have slowly robbed me of them. I have been drawing them on for 5 years, a daily hassle and very restricting. So pleased to have found these, I will never be without them. I took some time to make a considered decision about shape and color, I suggest others also take some time to be careful with your choice. Lots of help at Headcovers if you have any questions, no matter how small, I remember someone answering a question on a Sunday!!. The ones I chose are a perfect fit to my face, almost a custom fit. The color is very true and the quality is beautiful, soft and natural. Application was easy, I followed the instructions, taking care not to get the adhesive anywhere near the delicate hairs, take your time and apply an even layer of glue, allow to become clear and then position. Press gently, no rubbing, particularly against the hair growth so as not to damage the product, I used the back of a makeup brush. These are tough but delicate things. A gentle brush and off I go. I have been wearing them for over 24 hours now, no sign of lifting. The remover is great and a little goes a long way. If you get any on the skin around the product just a gentle rub with a cotton tip. If you gently feel around once you've applied it will feel tacky on the skin, clean it away before applying makeup to the area. They look so natural. I'm so pleased to have 'real' brows, so much more confidence and so easy. I don't know how I ever lived without them. I will be a dedicated customer for life, thank you so much for all your help. Blessings. x(Posted on 11/10/2017)
- Glue Review by Debbie
Why don't u sell the. Glue I thought it would come with the brows(Posted on 06/05/2017)
- The glue is sold separately and is available on our website. (08/02/2017)
- What eyebrow shape should I choose? Review by Dakota
What shape of eyebrow wig should I choose? I have drawn my brows for so long I'm not sure which shape would work best for me.(Posted on 02/23/2017)
- We recommend visiting our Eyebrow Shapes Guide for a full tutorial here: https://www.headcovers.com/resources/beauty/eyebrow-shapes/ (03/27/2017)
- Ms BNBL Review by BareNakidBrowLady
Hi, I dont have cancer, but have Hypothyroidism to the point of having 'Queen Ann Sign' or Hertoghe ( yes, I had to Wikipedia that too! LOL)! Your eyebrows are awesome! When I 1st tried them, I was very skeptical of their being realistic as your site claimes. But low n behold, they are so realistic! Believe me, I have kids that would be more than happy to point it out if they looked fake! However, i guess I am rough on them, because I seem to go through a pair a month ( the price is reasonable enough for me to be able to purchase them by the month), is there any chance you might start a buyers club in which I could have a pair sent to me monthly while having them directly debited from my credit card on file or via PayPal? It would be so awesome to have them sent automatically! Just a thouht for those of us who are in need of a monthly fix! ???? Thanks, The Ex- Bare Nakid Brow Lady! (Posted on 12/02/2015)
- was born without any eyebrows Review by eyebrowless
this is the best option I could have ever chosen I didn't want tattoos not knowing how they were going to turn out didn't want implants too much money and work....this is so simple and easy and so natural I had so many compliments and people couldn't believe they weren't real like my own eyebrows....I grew up all my life penciling them on and one day saw this site bought them and forgot to buy the adhesive 4 yrs ago. and just last weekend my friend and bridesmaid knew how to put them on and had the adhesive and I try them on for the first time on the day of my wedding...for the first time I woke up I didn't have any of my things or my eyebrow pencil that I relied on so much and realized I didn't need it I never ever left the house without putting them on... im still wearing them and just read the instructions lol but its sooooo worth it every cent this is going to change my life and more confident.... thank you headcovers for changing my life and making it easier(Posted on 06/17/2015)
- Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing these stories. :) (06/26/2015)