Learn About Eyebrow Wigs
Do the human hair eyebrows look like natural eyebrows?
Our Realistic Eyebrows are hand made out of 100% human hair. They are the closest item on the market to real eyebrow hair. Each piece of hair is carefully placed by hand on a flexible gel backing which gives the appearance of real hair growing from the brow line. The hair is placed directionally to mimic typical eyebrow hair growth. Since they are hand made, slight variations will occur. These variations allow for a realistic look, as natural eyebrows are not perfect or identical. This video gives a general overview of our eyebrow wigs and covers the shapes and color options.
What is an eyebrow wig?
An eyebrow wig is simply a wig for your eyebrows. Many individuals wear an eyebrow wig when they have thinning or lost their eyebrow hair. An eyebrow wig is often but not always made out of human hair. They come on a flexible gel backing or a lace backing. The eyebrows with gel backing have human hairs that are hand placed to mimic natural hair growth patterns found in natural eyebrows and have the most natural look. Unlike a wig that sits on top of your head, eyebrow wigs require and adhesive to stay on. There are specially formulated adhesives to adhere them to your skin.
Can I wear the eyebrows in water?
The Realistic Eyebrows can be worn in the shower although, we do discourage prolonged submersion. Many customers have had success with them at the beach or in fresh or salt water pools. We do not recommend wearing them in the swimming pool due to the harshness of pool chemicals.
How do I secure the eyebrows?
You can use eyelash adhesive, however, you may find it does not hold as well as eyebrow adhesive. We recommend using our Secure Hold adhesive in order to apply the Realistic Eyebrows. Our Secure Hold dries clear and is formulated for long-lasting wear. This formula will allow you to remain worry-free while securing your eyebrows in place for days.
How long can I wear the eyebrows?
Each Use: Many of our customers are able to wear our Realistic Eyebrows for two to three consecutive days at a time. However, we do recommend removing them each evening to allow your skin to breathe and to clean the adhesive off the gel backing. Doing this will increase the longevity of the eyebrows.
Total Wear: Eyebrows generally last from 2 to 4 months with proper care. Many factors impact their longevity. Heat, chemicals, improper cleaning, perspiration, abrasiveness, and sleeping in the eyebrows can decrease their life span.
How do I apply human hair eyebrows?
Application Instructions for Glue-On Eyebrows:
- Apply a small amount of eyebrow adhesive to the eyebrows gel backing (opposite side from the hair).
- Starting at the inner edge of the brow line, place the eyebrows on the brow line, forming the desired shape and arch. Using the teeth of a comb on an eyebrow brush, press gently on the eyebrows until the adhesive is dry. (Using a comb allows the adhesive to grab the base, without getting the glue on the hairs fibers).
- An eyebrow pencil or powdered eyebrow shadows can be used to enhance the color and finish the look.
Removing Glue-on Eyebrows:
- Starting at the inner edge, very gently peel off the eyebrows. Use a cotton swab dampened with an oil based make up remover to soften the adhesive.
- Once removed, our adhesive remover (sold separately) may be used to gently clean any residue from the base of the eyebrows. Caution: Avoid contact of the adhesive remover with the eyes.
- After applying the adhesive remover, carefully rinse the brows with cool water and allow to air dry.
- How to Draw Eyebrows with Makeup
- Learn About Eyebrow Wigs
- How to Apply False Eyelashes
- Wig Buying Guide
- How to Buy Hair Loss Hats
© 1996-2017, Headcovers Unlimited, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
We encourage and welcome direct links to this page, but please do not redistribute, copy, alter or create derivative works from our content without express written permission.
Comments, Questions & RatingsAsk a question. Post a rating. Leave Your Comments.
- What eyebrow shape should I choose? Review by Dakota
What shape of eyebrow wig should I choose? I have drawn my brows for so long I'm not sure which shape would work best for me.(Posted on 02/23/2017)
- We recommend visiting our Eyebrow Shapes Guide for a full tutorial here: https://www.headcovers.com/resources/beauty/eyebrow-shapes/ (03/27/2017)
- Ms BNBL Review by BareNakidBrowLady
Hi, I dont have cancer, but have Hypothyroidism to the point of having 'Queen Ann Sign' or Hertoghe ( yes, I had to Wikipedia that too! LOL)! Your eyebrows are awesome! When I 1st tried them, I was very skeptical of their being realistic as your site claimes. But low n behold, they are so realistic! Believe me, I have kids that would be more than happy to point it out if they looked fake! However, i guess I am rough on them, because I seem to go through a pair a month ( the price is reasonable enough for me to be able to purchase them by the month), is there any chance you might start a buyers club in which I could have a pair sent to me monthly while having them directly debited from my credit card on file or via PayPal? It would be so awesome to have them sent automatically! Just a thouht for those of us who are in need of a monthly fix! ???? Thanks, The Ex- Bare Nakid Brow Lady! (Posted on 12/02/2015)
- was born without any eyebrows Review by eyebrowless
this is the best option I could have ever chosen I didn't want tattoos not knowing how they were going to turn out didn't want implants too much money and work....this is so simple and easy and so natural I had so many compliments and people couldn't believe they weren't real like my own eyebrows....I grew up all my life penciling them on and one day saw this site bought them and forgot to buy the adhesive 4 yrs ago. and just last weekend my friend and bridesmaid knew how to put them on and had the adhesive and I try them on for the first time on the day of my wedding...for the first time I woke up I didn't have any of my things or my eyebrow pencil that I relied on so much and realized I didn't need it I never ever left the house without putting them on... im still wearing them and just read the instructions lol but its sooooo worth it every cent this is going to change my life and more confident.... thank you headcovers for changing my life and making it easier(Posted on 06/17/2015)
- Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing these stories. :) (06/26/2015)